A beautiful wedding for Celia and Christopher at Spitbank Fort –
The weather forecast was a ‘unsettled’ in fact a storm was forecast, so i was slightly apprehensive about the boat trip over to Spitbank Fort for Celia and Christophers wedding. However I had no need to worry the heavens smiled on their day and the sea was calm, the skies became bluer and bluer and the Fort was a most gorgeous and unique backdrop for their wedding
This quirky and unique gun emplacement, built to protect our fleet when Britannia ruled the waves, has been transformed into a uniquely luxurious cocoon of indolence and indulgence, privacy and exclusivity. The imaginative restoration provides every possible comfort to offer a unique taste of life at sea.
A sneak peek at their lovely day…………………..
The nine bedrooms in this unique exclusive use venue are luxuriously fitted to the highest standard plus there are on board features including an open-air hot-pool, wine cellar, sauna and games rooms.
Why choose Spitbank Fort?
- Nine splendid bedroom suites
- Dine in style in the Officer’s Mess
- Relax in the rooftop hot pool or sauna
- Learn the art of Sabrage or hone your wine tasting skills
- A fishing spot that is hard to beat!
- A perfect base for exhilarating RIB rides and yachting experiences
- Watch the sun set while you enjoy sundowners around the firepit
- Famous for Sunday Lunch and Fort Breaks at Sea